OUR DOG POLICY : for your kind attention.
We are dog owners ourselves so dogs are very welcome in Flint and White Cottages, and we know how enjoyable it is for your pet to share your holiday.
We try not to make onerous rules, but so that we can maintain a happy environment for both dogs and future guests would you please kindly adhere to the following conditions:
- Dogs are not allowed on any furniture – unless protective covering is placed over the sofas & chairs (our dogs are not allowed on the furniture but we know that if your pet is used to this at home it is difficult to stop them !) also dog hair is exceptionally difficult to remove from sofas – so please bring throws/ sheets etc with you if needed (to cover the whole sofa/chairs please). Our quilts and throws are not to be used for this purpose. (White Cottage has blue covers for this purpose if needed in drawer under TV.)
- Dogs are not to be left alone in the cottage- unless they are confined to the kitchen area AND you are sure of their good behaviour ( i.e. not destructive – or barking)
- Dogs are not allowed upstairs – this is without exception due to the additional cleaning required AND the inevitably of dog hair settling on bed linen- again very difficult to remove entirely.
- The garden must be left clean on your pet’s departure
- Please ensure your pet’s vaccinations and flea treatments are up to date before arrival
- We welcome Guide & Assistance dogs
- Maximum 4 pets (we own 4 dogs ourselves so know how difficult it is finding a cottage to take this number !) however for larger breeds i.e. Labrador upwards please check with us first before booking
We reserve the right to invoice for any damage caused by your pet.
We provide a fixed stair gate to make it easy to restrict your pet to the kitchen area when required, please kindly DO NOT REMOVE, an additional stair gate is also in the cottages. We can also provide a “ dog crate “ for your pet if required.
Both Flint and White Cottages have secure fenced gardens.
We will consider individual requirements so please contact us with any query.
Please note that Sheringham has “Blue Flag“ beach status, and restricts dogs from certain areas of beach between 1st May- 30th September – however a large area of beach is still accessible to pets a short walk along the promenade (to the right) past the beach huts, a walk here is still accessible when the tide is in.
Sheringham is very “dog friendly“ and various pubs will allow dogs on leads
Your co-operation is much appreciated, enjoy your stay !
Flint Holiday Cottages
Last updated 2019